Netflix is definitely the best and most modern TV streaming service, with new movies and TV series coming every day. Even with its great discovery features for movies and tv shows, you still need to know what is coming soon on Netflix to be able to expect it and prepare the popcorn in advance. We have compiled the following list of the best movies and TV series released on April 2019.
Be a good friend, share it with someone who loves TV.
NEW ON NETFLIX APRIL 1
- ULTRAMAN (Netflix Anime) – Again, aliens are threatening Earth, young Shinjiro uses his ultra-suit to become Ultraman – like father like son.
- The Mask of Zorro
- This Is the End
- Cruel Intentions
- The Body
- Across The Line
- All the President’s Men
- Bonnie and Clyde (1967) – Netflix’s recent original film The Highwaymen chronicles the police effort to take down the notorious criminal couple Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker. The buttoned-up drama feels like a pro-authority version of this rebellious, ’60s take from Arthur Penn, who brought the dreamy, French New Wave style to American shores.
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
- Freddy vs. Jason
- Friday the 13th (2009)
- I Am Legend – Did Will Smith’s post-apocalyptic horror epic get the short end of the critical stick back in 2007? Or are the CGI, vampire-ish zombies that clutter the ending just that bad? It may be time to revisit this blockbuster, at the very least for the astounding New York City production design.
- Lakeview Terrace
- Monster House
- Pineapple Express
- Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon: S2
- P.S. I Love You
- Spy Kids – The original Spy Kids has a lasting legacy of humor, family drama, and zany 2000s special effects. With Thumb-Thumbs, wacky gadgets, a villain called Floop, Uncle Machete, and a whole lotta heart, the first Spy Kids film is always a treat.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D
- The Bone Collector
- The Fifth Element – A sci-fi odyssey starring Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich.
- The Golden Compass – Catch the so-so 2007 version of the fantasy saga before the BBC one comes out! Polar bears fight, what more do you want?
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants – The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 – Classic girlhood coming-of-age stories based on the best-selling young adult novels by Ann Brashares. The two movies are based on a four-book series, in which four best friends find a pair of jeans that magically fits all of them. Starring Blake Lively, Alexis Bledel, Amber Tamblyn, and America Ferrera.
NEW BEST MOVIES ON NETFLIX APRIL 2
- Kevin Hart: Irresponsible (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Kevin Hart brings his sold-out comedy tour, Kevin Hart: Irresponsible, to a global audience for his first original Netflix standup special. The one-hour special was filmed in front of a sold-out live audience of over 15,000 people at the O2 Arena in London, England. Hart touches upon his friends, family, travel, … and a year filled with Irresponsible behavior.
NEW MOVIES & SERIES ON NETFLIX APRIL 3
- Suzzanna: Buried Alive (Netflix Film) – Description by Netflix: After a pregnant woman is murdered, her spirit seeks revenge against her increasingly terrified killers, who are determined to finish her off for good.
- The Unthinkable
- Doctor Foster: Season 2
- Ricardo Quevedo: We All Hold Grudges
BEST RELEASES ON NETFLIX APRIL 5
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Part 2 (Netflix Original) – After signing her name into the Dark Lord’s book, Sabrina gains an intense amount of power — and feels a pull towards the dark side. She also gets caught in a love triangle between Edward and Jacob … I mean sexy warlock Nick Scratch and mortal-next-door Harvey Kinkle. The underwhelming holiday special tied things up a little too neatly, but we’ll see what this OP Sabrina has in store.
- In The Shadows
- Legacies: Season 1
- Our Planet (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Exhilarating visuals and stunning footage of rarely-seen animals mix with somber truths about humanity’s impact on the planet’s habitats and species.
- Persona: Collection (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: An eclectic exploration of different personas in a collection of four short films directed by critically acclaimed Korean directors.
- Roman Empire: Caligula: The Mad Emperor (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Once beloved by the troops and people alike, Caligula shocks Rome by ruling with the cruel depravity and debauchery that make him infamous.
- Spirit Riding Free: Season 8 (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Big changes lie ahead for Lucky and her friends in an eventful final season — from new babies at home to a faraway boarding school.
- Tijuana (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: When a prominent politician is murdered in cold blood, intrepid local journalists risk their lives to uncover the truth.
- Unicorn Store (Netflix Film) – Coming off the major success of Captain Marvel, Brie Larson makes her directorial debut with costar Samuel L. Jackson … and the results look like a total trip.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 8
- War Dogs
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 9
- Trolls: The Beat Goes On!: Season 6 (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: The trolls face a day without a holiday, Biggie accidentally starts a fun-tastic new dance craze, and Guy turns a camping trip into a “glamping” trip.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 10
- New Girl: Season 7
- You vs. Wild (Netflix Original) – Following the success of Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, Netflix’s latest interactive adventure has the viewer follow along with outdoorsman Bear Grylls. You can decide whether he lives or dies! All this power!
- Liss Pereira: Reteniedo Liquidos
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 11
- Black Summer (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: In the dark, early days of a zombie apocalypse, complete strangers band together to find the strength they need to survive and get back to loved ones.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 12
- A Land Imagined (Netflix Film) – Description by Netflix: A cop in Singapore investigates the disappearance of a Chinese migrant construction worker who spent sleepless nights playing a mysterious video game.
- Band Aid
- Huge in France (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: After moving to LA to reconnect with his son, comedian Gad Elmaleh must learn to live without the celebrity perks he’s accustomed to in France.
- Mighty Little Bheem (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: An innocent toddler’s boundless curiosity — and extraordinary might — lead to mischief and adventure in his small Indian town.
- The Perfect Date (Netflix Film) – Description by Netflix: To save up for college, Brooks Rattigan creates an app where anyone can pay him to play the perfect stand-in boyfriend for any occasion.
- The Silence (Netflix Film) – Description by Netflix: When the world is under attack from terrifying creatures who hunt their human prey by sound, 16-year old Ally Andrews (Kiernan Shipka), who lost her hearing at 13, and her family seek refuge in a remote haven. But they discover a sinister cult who are eager to exploit Ally’s heightened senses. The Silence is directed by John R. Leonetti (Annabelle) and stars Stanley Tucci, Kiernan Shipka, Miranda Otto, John Corbett, Kate Trotter and Kyle Breitkopf.
- Special (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: A young gay man with cerebral palsy branches out from his insular existence in hopes of finally going after the life he wants.
- Who Would You Take to a Deserted Island? (Netflix Film) – Description by Netflix: On their last night together, four longtime flatmates’ lives are suddenly upended when a secret is revealed during the course of an evening celebration.
- Francesco De Carlo: Cose Di Questo Mondo
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 15
- Luis Miguel – The Series: Season 1
- No Good Nick (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: A family finds their lives turned upside down when a young, street-smart grifter appears on their doorstep, claiming she’s a distant relative.
- The New Romantic
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 16
- Super Monsters Furever Friends (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: On the first night of spring, the Super Monsters and their families gather for food, fun and games in the park — and meet their adorable monster pets!
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 17
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
- Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 18
- My First First Love (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Due to various personal reasons, a group of Yun Tae-o’s friends move into his house, where they experience love, friendship, and everything in between.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 19
- Someone Great (Netflix Film) – Description by Netflix: Aspiring music journalist Jenny (Gina Rodriguez) has just landed her dream job at an iconic magazine and is about to move to San Francisco. Rather than do long distance, her boyfriend of nine years (Lakeith Stanfield) decides to call it quits. To nurse her broken heart, Jenny gathers up her two best friends Erin (DeWanda Wise) and Blair (Brittany Snow) for one outrageous last adventure in New York City. From writer/director Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (creator of MTV’s Sweet/Vicious) Someone Great is a hilarious and heartfelt story of friendship, love, and what it means to let go of your twenties and enter adulthood.
- A Fortunate Man (Netflix Film) – Description by Netflix: A gifted engineer flees his austere roots to pursue wealth and success among Copenhagen’s elite, but the pride propelling him threatens to be his ruin.
- Brené Brown: The Call to Courage (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Best-selling author Brené Brown discusses what it takes to choose courage over comfort in a culture defined by scarcity, fear and uncertainty.
- Cuckoo: Season 5 (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Ken thinks he’s hit the big time when he discovers a wealthy half sister he never knew he had, but her fortunes and his hopes are soon reversed.
- I, Daniel Blake
- Music Teacher (Netflix Film) – Description by Netflix: Burned by his past, an emotionally troubled, small-town music teacher risks everything he has to reconnect with a now-famous former student.
- Rilakkuma and Kaoru (Netflix Anime) – This absolutely, amazingly adorable stop-motion animation follows plush bear Rilakkuma and his human roommate Karoru. There is not much plot info beyond this, but do we really need it? Just look at them!
- Samantha!: Season 2 (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: The series follows the story of a former child star from the 80s, Samantha! (Emanuelle Araújo) who desperately clings to the fringes of celebrity. Together with her husband Wound (Douglas Silva) and their children Cindy (Sabrina Nonato), and Brandon (Cauã Gonçalves), she delights with hare-brained schemes to launch herself back into the spotlight.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 20
- Grass is Greener (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: It lit up jazz and hip-hop — and ignited a war on drugs steeped in racial injustice. Experts explore America’s complicated relationship with weed.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 22
- Pinky Malinky: Part 2 (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Pinky Malinky is on a roll! Catch up on this joyful hot dog boy’s continuing adventures as he spreads fun and positivity with best friends Babs and JJ.
- Selection Day (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Manjunath Kumar, fourteen, knows he is good at cricket — if not as good as his elder brother Radha. He knows that he fears and resents his domineering and cricket-obsessed father, admires his brilliantly talented sibling and is fascinated by the world of CSI and by curious and interesting scientific facts. But there are many things about himself and about the world that he doesn’t know. When Manju begins to get to know Radha’s great rival, a boy as privileged and confident as Manju is not, everything in Manju’s world begins to change and he is faced with decisions that will change both his sense of self and of the world around him.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 23
- I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: In this new sketch show, Tim Robinson and guests spend each segment driving someone to the point of needing — or desperately wanting — to leave.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 24
- Bonding (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: A New York City grad student moonlighting as a dominatrix enlists her gay BFF from high school to be her assistant.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 25
- The Hateful Eight: Extended Version
- The Ugly Truth
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 26
- Chambers (Netflix Original) – A young woman surviving a heart attack, becomes obsessed by the heart donors mystery. The closer she gets to uncovering the truth about her donor’s sudden death, she starts taking on the characteristics of the donor — some of which are troublingly sinister.
- The Protector: Season 2 (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Facing formidable odds against the resurgent Immortals, Hakan and the Loyal Ones must forestall sinister plans to destroy the city — and all humans.
- ReMastered: Devil at the Crossroads (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Robert Johnson was one of the most influential blues guitarists ever. Even before his early death, fans wondered if he’d made a pact with the Devil.
- She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: Season 2 (Netflix Original)
- Swift Wind, Glimmer, Bow, and She-Ra – Adora and the Princess Alliance return in season 2 and must deal with Hordak, Catra and the growing power of the Horde.
- Street Food (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: From the creators of Chef’s Table, Street Food takes viewers to some of the world’s most vibrant cities to explore the rich culture of street food all over the globe. Season one explores nine countries across Asia, from the hawker stalls of Singapore to the food carts of India. Each episode highlights the stories of perseverance and culture that bring life to each country’s cuisine.
- The Sapphires
- Yankee (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: A young man from Texas crosses the border into Mexico and becomes an infamous drug lord.
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 27
- American Honey
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 28
- Señora Acero: Season 5
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 29
- Burning – Korean master Lee Chang-dong’s latest film comes to Netflix after premiering at last year’s Cannes Film Festival, and becoming the first Korean film to make it onto the final nine-film shortlist for Best Foreign Language Film at the Academy Awards.
- The Imitation Game
- Whindersson Nunes: Adulto
AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX APRIL 30
- Anthony Jeselnik: Fire in the Maternity Ward (Netflix Original) – Description by Netflix: Everyone knows there is no topic Anthony Jeselnik can’t conquer, and he doesn’t disappoint in his second Netflix original comedy special Anthony Jeselnik: Fire in the Maternity Ward. Following his 2015 special Thoughts and Prayers, the comedian’s critical and biting style weaves through societal taboos without hesitation.
- Baki: Part 2 (Netflix Anime) – Description by Netflix: A convict himself, bounty hunter Biscuit Oliva is dispatched to Tokyo to apprehend the escaped inmates and thwart them from unleashing further chaos.
- Ingress: The Animation (Netflix Anime) – Description by Netflix: After scientists discover a mysterious substance that can influence human minds, two factions wage an all-out battle to control its awesome power.